FACTS ABOUT MOLD
Mold in an indoor environment is a direct result of moisture or water. The key to controlling mold is controlling moisture or water intrusion. Water can enter your home by plumbing leaks (large or small), rain entering from malfunctioning roofs or windows over watering the landscape or potted plants, improper exterior drainage, improper interior ventilation (kitchen, bath, laundry) malfunctioning or unmaintained heating or air conditioning units.
Mold spores make their way indoors through open doors and windows, heating and air conditioning units and it is also carried in by people, pets, insects, clothes and other objects. Once these mold spores find moisture they can start to grow within 24-48 hours.
Where mold grows: under or behind kitchen and bathroom cabinets, behind appliances, inside wall cavities and on wood framing, wallpaper or paint, under carpet and padding, behind or in furniture, on leather or other clothing items, in crawl spaces, inside ductwork of heating or air conditioning units.
Out of 100,000 type of mold, only a few dozen are known to be toxic. It can flourish in a wall, on paper and wood. Certain types of mold can produce chemical compounds (called my-cotoxins) although they do not always do so. However, all indoor mold growth is potentially harmful and should be removed promptly by professionals.
Serving all areas of
San Diego County
Rancho Santa Fe
South San Diego